Monday, April 9, 2007

Hollywoodland

I watched this movie last week, but haven't had a chance to write about it yet! I enjoyed the movie. It is set in 1950's Hollywood and tells the story of the suicide (or was it murder?) of George Reeves, who played Superman on TV. Adrian Brody played a private detective who was investigating the murder.

I really liked the setting in 1950's Hollywood. I loved the costumes and scenery. I especially liked when they went out to the nightclubs.

I liked the mystery, but enjoyed the flashbacks more than seeing what the private detective was up to. I did have the problem of always thinking of Ben Affleck as Ben Affleck rather than as George Reeves. He did a good job in the part though. I thought the private detecitve parts were good though to set up the movie and try to figure out what did happen to George.

If you like movies about the old Hollywood era, or enjoy a good mystery, Hollywoodland is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment