Monday, March 23, 2009

Wanted

For some reasons, the word wanted makes me think, "Wanted, Dead or Alive" as sung by Jon Bon Jovi. I may have listened to that "cassette" a little too much in my youth:-)

Wanted is an action packed movie starring James McAvoy (Wesley Gibson) and Angelina Jolie (Fox). I read an excellent review of this on J.Kaye's blog (and also knowing Ben's passion for Angelina Jolie) and decided that I should check it out from my local library. A few months later, I finally received it!

Wesley Gibson is a panic attack prone "account manager" who has a really crappy life. One day he discovers that he is the son of a murdered assassin and joins "The Fraternity." At "The Fraternity" he is trained by Angelina Jolie to become a top assassin in order to track down his father's killer.

The real star of this movie was the special effects - they were fantastic. I especially loved the chase scene where Angelina Jolie spun her Dodge Viper and scoped up Wesley. Cool. The entire movie had the feel of a comic book to it . . . so I wasn't too surprised to learn it was based on a comic. While I could believe in bullets that curved, I had a hard time with Fox running in high heels. Why is that considered sexy in an action movie? It's hard enough to walk in 4-5 inch heels, how the heck could you run in them? I'm just saying . . . :-)

Overall, I enjoyed this move as did Ben. The story, effects, and stars were great. It was VERY violent though so it is not for the faint of heart or young children.

2 comments:

  1. LOL about running in high heels. I don't wear them - ever, so stuff like that doesn't come to mind. You are right though. Running and heels aren't a realistic mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The film was cool, those effects were very well made, and I sure enjoyed McAvoy

    ReplyDelete