Monday, April 6, 2009

Twilight

I watched the Twilight movie last week and loved it. I want to watch it again, but since my movie viewing is limited to about half an hour at night after the kids are asleep and I have two library movies to watch, it may be a couple of weeks!

Although this movie did not live up to the original novel (but could any movie?), it was a good movie in it's own right. It had a killer soundtrack, great teen angst, and good action sequences.

I didn't like how some of the dialogue seemed stilted, some beloved characters and scenes were abbrievated and chopped, and although Robert Pattison is good . . . I don't think anyone could live up to the Edward in the original novel!

For those of you who have been hiding under a rock, Twilight is the story of Bella, a 17-year old girl who has moved from sunny Arizona to a very rainy Forks, Washington to live with her father. Besides the inevitable feeling of not fitting in, Bella meets a mysterious teenage boy named Edward who takes a seemingly instant dislike to her. Bella tries to figure out the mystery of Edward and finds out more than she bargained for. The movie is a tale of teen angst, great love, and adventure.

I highly recommend the novel, and the movie is good too. I can't wait for the movie of New Moon!

2 comments:

  1. My 18-year old daughter watched "Twilight" everyday for about a week, but she never did succeed in getting me to watch it with her...but one of these days I just might give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fun movie. I haven't had a chance to watch the documentaries yet, but hopefully will be able to make time soon.

    ReplyDelete