Monday, October 5, 2009

Disney Classic Short Films: Three Little Pigs

My 3-year old son loves story time at our local library each Friday. After story time, we pick out new books to read for the week and he also likes to pick out a movie to watch. This week he picked out a new addition to the library, Disney Classic Short Films: Three Little Pigs.

My husband and I had fond memories of The Three Little Pigs, and we all looked forward to watching it during family movie night this past weekend. This DVD included the following classic Disney Short Films: Three Little Pigs, The Big Bad Wolf, Three Little Wolves, Lambert the Sheepish Lion, Chicken Little, Three Blind Mouseketeers, and Elmer Elephant.

It is fun watching old movies remembered fondly from childhood as an adult. I had not remembered just how scary these movies are. Kile had to sit on our laps or hide during several moments. He was sure the big bad wolf was going to get the three little pigs or red riding hood. He really enjoyed the songs “Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf” and “Lambert the Sheepish Lion.” His 17-month old brother Danny enjoyed them too and had fun dancing to them whenever they played on the TV. I think the music was the best part overall for the boys. Overall we enjoyed all of the movies, but I think Lambert the Sheepish Lion and Elmer Elephant were our favorites.

Side note – I certainly did not remember how Chicken Little ended. Luckily I don’t think Kile understood what was going on, but I was horrified. My husband thought it was really funny. Has anyone else seen this old Chicken Little movie? I’d like to discuss!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Chicken Little, but I know that some of these stories are kind of scary for young children. My son used to love to hear us read Hansel and Gretel to him, even though it was frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen either the old or new version of Chicken Little. But now I'm going to have to watch both. Hmm. I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete