Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Everything Austen Challenge II

I loved the Everything Austen Challenge last year and participated quite enthusiastically. I’m going to scale it back a bit this year as Baby Gerold #3 is due in October and I’m still trying to catch up on book reviews from my morning sickness period. I do love Austen though, so please forgive me if I do get carried away in the heat of the moment!

Everything Austen II is once again hosted by Stephanie’s Written Word and involves one readings/listening/watching/etc. six Austen inspired items from July 1, 2010 to January 1, 2011.

I am lucky enough that I have four Austen inspired advanced review copy books from Sourcebooks waiting on my shelf for this fall. I also have one novel left from last year that I won from a book giveaway. The books I plan to read are as follows:

1. Lady Vernon and Her Daughter by Jane Rubino and Caitlen Rubino-Bradway
2. Mr. Darcy’s Little Sister by C. Allyn Pierson
3. Darcy’s Voyage by Kara Louise
4. Mr. Darcy’s Obsession by Abigail Reynolds
5. In the Arms of Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan

I also loved listening to Austen’s original classics via audiobook last year. It gave me a new perspective than when I read them the old-fashioned way in the past. The three novels I have yet to listen too are:

1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
2. Persuasion by Jane Austen
3. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

I hope to listen to all three, but I’ll at least listen to one to get to my magical six items for this challenge.

I look forward to participating again and to reading everyone’s reviews!

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear your thoughts, Laura! Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to an audiobook is on my list, too! Not sure which one, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that any actual Austen I read will have to be on audio, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in too! It was such great fun the first time, it'll be double, this second one! I'll post my list of tasks on July 1st. I can't wait to read the hundreds of posts coming. Enjoy the challenge you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun challenge! I have been wanting to read Lady Vernon and Her Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you will be joining us again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura
    To enhance your Jane Austen experience this year, I thought you may be interested in my Jane Austen related event.

    The Pemberley Ball!

    Schedule is up with posts and giveaways all about Mr Darcy:
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2010/11/pemberley-ball-2010-schedule.html

    You are welcome to enter any of the giveaways which all end Nov 28.

    cheerios,
    vvb
    ps: Come by and get a dose of Darcy!

    ReplyDelete