Saturday, February 1, 2014

2014 Challenges

I've started counting books for challenges, but I haven't officially signed up for any so here goes.

I'm going to continue to participate in the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge as historical fiction is one of my favorite genres.  I'm going to aim for "Medieval Reader" or a goal of 15 historical fiction books this year.  I've already started by reading the wonderful Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield and Circle of Friends by Mauve Binchy.  I plan to finish The Outlaw Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick and to read A Half Forgotten Song by Katherine Webb.  I have many more historical fiction novels on my shelves and hope to also find some new ones!

I'm also going to continue to participate in the Audiobook Challenge.  I have two hours of driving each day, one hour to work and one hour home, and I listen to a lot of audiobooks these days.  I will set a goal of "Married" that I will listen to more than 25 audiobooks this year.  I've already read quite a few in January.  I just finished Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich which I will be posting shortly.


A new challenge for me that I will be joining this year is the 2014 TBR Challenge on Bookish.  If
you came upstairs into my bedroom, you would find not one, but two bookcases full of books double stacked with books on my "to read" this.  I also may have piles in my night stand, on my night stand, and on the floor next to the book case.  The books have taken over and I need to work on reading them!   It's so hard to say no to new books, but I'm going to try.  I'm aiming to read 11-20 books for this challenge, or "A Friendly Hug."  One of my goals is to finally read the Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin and to also read Middlemarch by George Eliot.

I'm excited by these challenges, what challenges have you joined this year?

1 comment:

  1. "One of my goals is to finally read the Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin and to also read Middlemarch by George Eliot."

    Laura

    Cant believe you want to read G of thrones, I am up to book 4, very well written (if a bit gory at times). You'll love it. Middlemarch: you'll adore that, another of my favourites (well more my style than Game of thrones really!!)

    Nice to catch up with you, just checking out old blogs I used to look at

    cheers
    Julie in Australia

    ReplyDelete