I sadly started my top 10 book list last year and never posted it. So, I decided this year to make things simpler by making my list just a list with links to the original reviews. Let’s discuss what you think of my list in the comments below. What were your favorite books of 2017? Were any the same as mine?
These are the ten books I loved the most that I read in the year 2017. It doesn’t mean they were necessarily published in 2017. I also didn’t count books that I was reading again for the second time (On the Shores of Silver Lake for example by Laura Ingalls Wilder). These were the books I read and then couldn’t stop thinking about long after I’d read the final page. They are a mix of non-fiction, historical fiction, suspense, romance, and a classic that should be on everyone’s list (So Big by Edna Ferber).
- Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- Everything You Want Me to Be by Mindy Mejia
- The Chilbury Ladies’ Choir by Jennifer Ryan
- So Big by Edna Ferber
- Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
- Forty Autumns by Nina Willner
- The Café by the Sea by Jenny Colgan / Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery byJenny Colgan
- Pioneer Girl Perspectives by Nancy Tystad Koupal
- The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See
And my top 10 from 2016 that I never published as I was writing riveting summaries of each one and never got finished! Are any of these books your favorites?
- The Grace of Silence by Michele Norris
- The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill by Julie Klassen
- Five Presidents by Clint Hill
- Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave
- The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer
- The Poisoning of Michigan by Joyce Egginton
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
- The Avaitor’s Wife by Melanie Benjamin
- So Long, See You Tomorrow by William Maxwell
- Tulip Fever by Deborah Moggach