Friday, December 14, 2018

Dashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber


Debbie Macomber is the queen of Christmas novels, and several of her novels have been made into Hallmark movies (including this one).  I have not yet seen the movie, but I greatly enjoyed the book.

Ashley Davison is a grad student in California and a waitress.  She unexpectedly gets time off for Christmas and decides to go home to visit her mother in Seattle.  The problem is, there are no flights available and only one rental car.  She is too young to rent the car, but unexpectedly can rent a car with a handsome stranger that was behind her and needs to get to Seattle for a job interview.  Dashiell Sutherland is a former army intelligence officer and reluctantly agrees to share a car with Ashley.  He is not happy about the situation but is hoping they can both make it to Seattle on time.

Ashley and Dash start off with not much to say, but soon find a spark between them.  Their journey does not run smoothly and there is a fair share of comedy involving mistaken identity, a puppy, a motorcycle game, etc.  I thought it was all very entertaining and I’ll admit, I laughed out loud quite a few times in the story.  I thought it was a fun yarn, although I admit I did not want Ashley to ride in car with a strange man even thought he was handsome and his mother vouched for him via a phone call.

Dashing Through the Snow is the fun December pick for the Kewaunee Book Club.  It will be interesting next week to see what everyone thinks about this book.

Favorite Quote:
“I think a lot more of you for admitting you were wrong.  You didn’t need to, and you did.  That tells me you’re not a man with a high sense of self-importance.”

Overall, Dashing Through the Snow is an entertaining and fun Christmas tale that involves a road trip, romance, and humor.

Book Source:  The Kewaunee Public Library

1 comment: