Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Darcy Cousins by Monica Fairview

I loved The Other Mr. Darcy, Monica Fairview’s continuation of the Pride and Prejudice story with Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy’s cousin Robert and Caroline Bingley. My best friend Jenn gives it a two thumbs up as well. I was very excited to receive Ms. Fairview’s follow-up to The Other Mr. Darcy, The Darcy Cousins for advance review from Sourcebooks.

Clarissa Darcy (Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy’s cousin and Mr. Robert Darcy’s sister) has recently arrived from America. She soon does not become a favorite of Lady Catherin de Bourgh, but does befriend her daughter Anne and Georgiana Darcy. While Clarissa and Georgiana become best friends, they also find themselves vying for the attentions of the same young gentlemen.

The Darcy Cousins did not disappoint and has firmly planted Monica Fairview as my favorite author of Pride and Prejudice follow-up novels. It was a riveting novel that I found myself unable to put down. The characters come alive and seem to be just what Jane Austen intended. I can’t wait to read what she has next!

Book Source: Advance Review Copy from Sourcebooks. Thank-you!

1 comment:

  1. So many of the follow-up novels are awful. I wasn't aware of Monica Fairview, so I'll have to look her up!

    ReplyDelete