Monday, March 20, 2017

Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp (AKA JK Rowling)



My eight year old son Daniel is on a Harry Potter kick and has discovered the companion novels that JK Rowling wrote for charity.  While I was a giant Harry Potter fan and read the entire series as they came out, I never read these companion novels so it is fun for me read them now with Daniel.

Quidditch Through the Ages is a tongue in check book that is the history of Quidditch from its invention, changes through the years, and the way it is played in different countries throughout the world.  I love how it makes fun of American football by having Americans play a form of Quidditch that isn’t quite the same.  Overall, the way the book was written reminded me of the Disney Goofy sports short movies.

Daniel enjoyed the book and learning more about the game and I found it humorous myself.  Daniel really liked that the book said it was the property of Hogwarts Library.  It had an old fashioned signature checkout in the beginning that Daniel really liked to look over and talk about. Overall, this is a cute companion to the Harry Potter books.

Book Source:  Daniel got this from the Scholastic Book Order

No comments:

Post a Comment