Friday, December 14, 2018

White Christmas Inn by Colleen Wright


Title: White Christmas Inn
Author: Colleen Wright
Read by:  Samantha Desz
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Length: Approximately 7 hours and 51 minutes
Source: Review Copy from Simon & Schuster.  Thank-you!

Are you a fan of Hallmark Christmas movies (or their cousins on Netflix)?  Then you will be a fan of White Christmas Inn by Colleen Wright.

Jeanne and Tim own and run the historic Evergreen Inn in Vermont.  Times are tough for the two and they are not sure how they are going to keep the inn open.  The new Starlight hotel and ski lodge has opened nearby, and it is the destination for most travelers coming to the area.   Will Jeanne and Tim be able to find a way to save Evergreen Inn?

For this Christmas season, Jeanne and Tim are hosting past frequent guest Hannah, for her Christmas wedding.  When the groom decides to call it off last minute, Hannah must decide what she really wants in life.  Will her childhood friend Luke help her to remember who she used to be as an independent person?

Molly is not part of the wedding party, but she is a famous children’s author and has come to the Inn to help her with her writer’s block.  After a blizzard shuts down all the roads, the Inn inundated with visitors who can’t make it to the Starlight.  Molly soon is sharing a room with two precocious girls with their attractive father widower father Marcus staying on the lobby couch.  Will Molly be able to find her creativity again?

I really liked how this novel told the stories of a variety of different characters from their perspectives.  They are all having troubles at Christmas, but they learn that love, laughter, and friendship can make any Christmas bright and happy.  I always love novels with great characters and I thought this one had that in abundance.  I loved all their stories and how each story was tied up perfectly.  I wish there could be a spin-off of this novel to see where everyone is in one year just because I loved the characters so much, but it did have a perfect ending as it was.

Samantha Desz was a good narrator of this audiobook and it was enjoyable to listen to on my work travels.  I found myself sitting in my car when I got home to keep listening to the story!

Overall, White Christmas Inn is a delightful Christmas novel with a heartwarming story and a great cast of characters.

3 comments:

  1. I just checked this book out of the library this afternoon! It's what I'm planning on reading next. (So I'm very glad you didn't hate it.) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of some people who would enjoy this book. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this time of the year I'm in for anything christmassy

    ReplyDelete