Sunday, December 12, 2021

Christmas in Peachtree Bluff by Kristy Woodson Harvey



Title:  Christmas in Peachtree Bluff 

Author: Kristy Woodson Harvey

Narrated by:  Shannon McManus, Janet Metzger, Rebekka Ross, Candace Thaxton, and Erin Ruth Walker

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio

Length: Approximately 9 hours and 24 minutes 

Source: Review Copy from Simon & Schuster Audio.  Thank-you!


Do you live close to your family or travel for the holidays?

Christmas in Peachtree Bluff is the story of the Murphy family.  Mother Ainsley is happy to have her three adult daughters (Caroline, Sloane, and Emerson) and her grandchildren in Peachtree Bluff to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Caroline and her husband James are going through a divorce and their teenage daughter, Vivi, is acting out.  Ansley and her husband Jack decide to take granddaughter Vivi with them on their vacation of their dreams to cruse around Australia.   As the storm of the century barrels down on Peachtree Bluff, will they be able to get out in time?  Will they all be together again for Christmas?

I am new to the world of Peachtree Bluff.  This book is the fourth in the series, but I felt like it gave enough background that I was able to read it as a stand-alone book.   I loved how this book was narrated by all of the women in the family; Ainsley, Caroline, Sloane, Emerson, and Vivi.  There were different audiobook narrators for each of these characters and I thought it gave the book great personality.

I enjoyed all of the characters and their family story.  There was definitely adventure, heartache, and love in this story.  I loved the small-town southern setting.  It was a great tale of forgiveness and of making new starts in life.  I will admit I had a hard time with the character of Vivi at first, but she grew on me after a while.  My parents also divorced when I was in my teen years.  Vivi seemed more than a tad irresponsible and the excuse of her parents getting divorced was a bit grating.  Especially as she seemed to be rewarded and never punished for her behavior.  Luckily some long forgotten treasure and new love stories endeared Vivi to me by the end.

Overall, Christmas in Peachtree Bluff is a cozy Christmas tale with love, family drama and a hurricane.  I need to read more from Kristy Woodson Harvey!


No comments:

Post a Comment