Friday, March 11, 2022

Woman Last Seen by Adele Parks

 


Leigh Fletcher is happily married to the handsome Mark and the mother of two stepsons that she adores.  When she doesn’t return from work one day, her entire family is left to wonder, what happened to Leigh?  Detective Clements thinks it must be a domestic issue until another woman, Kai Janssen, is also reported missing.  Kai is a wealthy woman married to a handsome and rich Dutch businessman, Daan.  She went to visit her mother at a nursing home up north and never came home.  Where could these two women be?

I don’t want to ruin this book by giving away any plot details.  The story was a good thriller.  I figured out certain elements of it but didn’t quite figure out the ending. I’m not sure I was totally satisfied with the ending.  It answered all of the questions but didn’t quite go the way I wanted it to go.  An interesting element to this book is that it takes place right at the start of the pandemic. There is uncertainty in the world and now two women have disappeared without a trace.  There was an element to the story that I thought was a good twist as it went against gender assumptions. 

I read this on a road trip to Michigan in February and couldn’t put it down!  It was the February selection for the Brenda Novak Book Group.  I enjoyed the online discussion that Brenda Novak had with Adele Parks about this book.

Overall, if you are looking for a good new thriller, Woman Last Seen will keep you up at night!

Book Source:  Purchased on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment