Monday, November 13, 2023

A Christmas to Remember by Beverly Jenkins (Bibliolifestyle Book Tour)

Thank you, Partner @bibliolifestyle @avonbooks for the review copy of A Christmas to Remember by Beverly Jenkins.

Does your community do anything special for the Christmas season?  We have our Christmas lights parade this upcoming Friday night and a Christkindlmart that takes place downtown on Friday and Saturday.  It’s the start of the Christmas season for me.

Henry Adams, Kansas is the setting for A Christmas to Remember.  Bernadine Brown and Mal July are preparing for their Christmas wedding, but it’s not the only thing that is going on in this busy small town.  As the town prepares to celebrate Christmas, many townspeople explore the relationships in their lives.

This is the eleventh book of the “Blessings” series and the first one that I have read.  This was a hard book to read as a standalone novel.  There were a lot of characters, and I had a hard time keeping track of who they were.  I think if I had started this series at the beginning and really knew the characters, I would have enjoyed the novel even more.  I liked the characters and their stories.  I especially loved Reverand Paula Grant and her sage wisdom, and Thornton Webb, the new chef in town.

This was my first Beverly Jenkins novel, but it won’t be my last.  I was also pleased to see she is a Michigan native.  I am originally from Michigan.  I enjoyed that her characters are African American and that the setting, Henry Adams, is a historic black community in Kansas.  I think my next stop will be reading the first book in this series, Bring on the Blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment