Friday, February 16, 2024

Lonely for You Only by Monica Murphy (Bibliolifestyle Book Tour)


 

Thank you, Partner @bibliolifestyle @blackstonepublishing for the review copy of Lonely for You Only by Monica Murphy.

Did you have a favorite boy band in your teenage years?  Would you want to meet the lead singer from that band as an adult?

I loved New Kids on the Block as a preteen and young teen.  I loved Joey McIntyre at that time.  I don’t know what I would do if I met him as an adult.  I would probably awkwardly have nothing to say to him.

Heiress Scarlett Lancaster is turning eighteen.  Her father hired a famous singer for her party and is keeping it a surprise until the big day.  Scarlett is hoping for Taylor Swift or Harry Styles, but it turns out to be Tate Ramsey, her young teenage crush from the now defunct band, Five Car Pileup.  Tate’s life as a teen heartthrob had spiraled out of control, but he has successfully been through rehab and has been clean for three years.  Now at twenty-one, he is ready for a comeback.  After a steamy kiss at the party is caught by others and goes viral, Scarlett and Tate decide to start a fake relationship to both get what they want out of life.  Will this fake relationship turn into love?

What I loved about this book:

-        This was a fun and enjoyable story.  I love stories of the rich and famous and this seemed almost ripped from the headlines with a rich heiress and has been boy band member.

-        Fake dating is one of my favorite romantic tropes.  In this book it’s also combined with angsty slow burn with some spice at the end.

-        Tate and Scarlett were a case of opposites attract. I enjoyed it as their relationship developed and they both developed as people.  They both brought out the best in each other.  This was a coming-of-age story for them both.

-        Dual point of view so you were able to get the story from both Scarlett and Tate’s side.

-        I love that Tate wrote Scarlett songs and thought it was very romantic.

-        This story was very light and easy to read during a stressful work week.

-        I think the cover of this novel is beautiful.

-        Fitz Lancaster, Scarlett’s Dad, is a reformed (?) older playboy and he was a very fun character.

-        I did not realize this is part of a series of the Lancaster siblings until I noticed this online.  The book worked so well as a stand alone that I didn’t realize while reading it that it was a part of a series.

Things I didn’t like as much.

-        The foul language used at times could be jarring.

Overall, if you are looking for a fun, light new adult romance with a great premise, I recommend Lonely for You Only.


No comments:

Post a Comment