Title: Served Him Right
Author: Lisa Unger
Narrated by: Kristen Sieh, Vivienne Leheny, Brittany
Pressley, Soneela Nankani, Tim Paige, Petrea Burchard
Publisher: Harlequin
Audio
Length:
Approximately 12 hour and 8 minutes
Source: Review copy from NetGalley. Thank-you!
How do you feel about revenge stories? My favorite is The Count of Monte Cristo.
Ana Blacksmith has recently broken up with her boyfriend Paul. She organizes a celebration brunch with her sister and best friends. When Paul is found dead, Ana is a suspect. When one of her friends falls deathly ill after the brunch, Ana rises to the top of the suspect list. Will Ana and her sister Vera be able to prove her innocence?
My thoughts on
this book:
· This was a very engaging thriller.
· This was great on audiobook. It captured my attention and made it so I didn’t want my drives to end. I loved the cast of narrators.
· Paul is shown to have many enemies and to be a terrible person. Why is it that people like that are able to keep hurting people?
· I liked that the story had the ladies be a part of a family that practices “magic” through the use of herbalism.
· The book had a riveting and scary intro for a poor woman who is r$%^ed by a boss who drugs her after staying late at work.
· This book made me ponder the question of taking justice into your own hands – when are you justified?
· I liked the naughty romance between Ana and the detective on the case, Timothy.
· There were many point of views in this story.
· I kept guessing until the end.
Overall, Served
Him Right by Lisa Unger was a riveting and engaging thriller.

No comments:
Post a Comment