Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mr. Darcy’s Little Sister by C. Allyn Pierson

Mr. Darcy’s Little Sister is an enjoyable look at the life of Georgiana Darcy immediately after her brother’s engagement to Elizabeth Bennet. Georgiana is very excited about having a new “sister,” but also is very nervous about meeting her and first impressions. Her teen angst also extends to her upcoming first season in London and her presentation to the royal family.

Georgiana has the independence of a fine income to be able to marry for love rather than wealth. There is a downside to this independence as it also makes her a magnet for fortune hunters. Georgiana survives meeting Elizabeth and the Bennet family and is able to enjoy her brother’s wedding. Afterwards, Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy bring her to London and prepare to launch Georgiana in society.

Georgiana is uncomfortable with how her new sister-in-law is treated by the ton and tries her best to help out. She also has a few unforeseen adventures with fortune hunters, while Mr. Darcy helps the Prince Regent out on a dangerous mission. Will Georgiana be able to find true love and happiness?

I loved Mr. Darcy’s Little Sister. The characters were wonderfully developed, and the historical fiction element was also spectacular. I loved seeing Georgiana’s transformation from a teen filled with angst to a confident young woman who goes after what she wants. Her feelings of nervousness seemed very real to me and true to life as a teen (at least as I remember it!). I also loved that Colonel Fitzwilliam’s character is fully developed and brought to the center stage. He is a wonderful character and I loved learning more about his family, and his work with the Prince Regent. As I read Mr. Darcy's Little Sister, I felt like I was having a wonderful visit with old friends.

I highly recommend Mr. Darcy’s Little Sister for all lovers of Jane Austen and/or regency literature. You will not be disappointed.

I am fortunate that C. Allyn Pierson will be having a guest blog on Laura’s Reviews tomorrow. Please stop back by and check it out!

Mr. Darcy’s Little Sister is my second item for the Everything Austen Challenge II.

Book Source: Advance Review Copy from Sourcebooks. Thank-you!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading my review, Laura, and for the lovely compliment you left me! You most definitely should not be ashamed of your review! It was wonderfully written! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I see we both enjoyed more of Colonel Fitzwilliam! I look forward to reading the guest post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your review. I really want to read this one, and I'm glad to hear that you liked it. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds sweet and fun - definitely an 'add' to the already towering TBR pile. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, this sounds like an excellent book! I look forward to reading your guest post with the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sequels and all of the contests are with overseas restrictions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this one, too. Colonel Fitzwilliam's character especially.

    ReplyDelete