Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Rogue for Christmas by Kate Huntington

I blogged last year about my great love for Christmas romance novels. I think my favorite are actually regency Christmas romance novels. I stopped by the library before Thanksgiving to ensure that I could pick out a couple I hadn't read before they were all gone.

I read this book over Thanksgiving weekend. It was a delightful quick read. Mary Ann Whitaker is rescued at the age of 14 by an unknown hero when is assaulted on the way to a pawn shop. She wanted to sell her ring to have a good Christmas with her family. Her unknown savior sends her ring back as well as a Christmas goose and other surprises that make their Christmas complete. Seven years later, fortunes have changed for the Whitaker family. Mary Ann again meets her hero, Lionel St. James, and discovers that he is a "rogue" gambler that has been kicked out of his family for an ill fated elopement ten years previous. Mary Ann decides to help out Lionel as he helped her in the past.

This romance had great characters and a good story line. It was nice how the story showed that people aren't always what they seem. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice Christmas romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment