Friday, June 1, 2012

Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal by Grace Burrowes

I always find reading a good romance novel a great way to relax when life is stressful or when you are on a long car trip. I read Lady Maggie’s Secret on our journey to and from Minnesota this past weekend when I wasn’t writing exciting reports for work on my computer. My husband gets car sick if he doesn’t drive so I am more than content to let him be the driver and read or work instead. I think it may make him slightly ill just thinking about reading or working while the car is moving. Luckily I do not suffer from this.


Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal is my favorite romance novel by Grace Burrowes yet. Grace Burrowes also wrote The Heir and The Soldier about the Windham brothers and started to write about the Windham sisters with Lady Sophie’s Christmas Wish, which I also enjoyed. I feel that with Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal, Burrowes is at the top of her game perfectly combining great romance with a good mystery. The ending was great and concise.

Lady Magdalene Windham is the eldest daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Moreland. Unfortunately she has a stain on her character as she is the natural illegitimate daughter of the Duke that was legitimized and adopted by the Duchess. Firmly on the shelf and near the age of thirty, Maggie has her own household, and a head for finances. But what she secretly longs for is a love and family of her own. Unfortunately her secret has not allowed her to be able to marry. After her bag with private items is stolen, Maggie hires Benjamin Hazlit to help her find her missing bag. Benjamin has a secret of his own and sparks fly between the two. Will Maggie’s secret come out and will she get her happy ending?

Overall, Lady Maggie’s Secret Scandal was a very satisfying romance novel with great characters, hot romance, and an interesting mystery. The handbag itself is not too interesting of a mystery, but the trying to determine Lady Maggie’s secret was a great mystery that kept me interested until the very end.

Book Source: Review Copy from Sourcebooks. Thank-you!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun romance! Very nice review, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that the missing reticule was a bit of a weak mystery too but Grace Burrowes style of writing definitely makes up for that.

    ReplyDelete