Monday, April 17, 2017

Always a Bridesmaid for Hire by Jen Glantz




Title: Always a Bridesmaid for Hire
Author: Jen Glantz
Read by: Jen Glantz
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
Length: Approximately 8 hours and 43 minutes
Source: Simon & Schuster Audio Digital Review Copy – Thank-you!

Sometimes you need a funny book to lift up your spirits on your way to and from work. Always a Bridesmaid for Hire is just such a book – a humorous book that gives you a good laugh. Jen Glantz is the author and narrator of the audiobook. As I listened, I felt like Jen Glantz was one of my “fun friends” who got into all sorts of scraps and always has a good story to tell. She was very relatable.

Jen Glantz is heading towards the end of her twenties and has more bridesmaid dresses than she knows what to do with. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride, Jen realizes that she can take her skills as a bridesmaid and turn it into a lucrative career. She is the bridesmaid for hire who will come to the wedding and keep the other bridesmaids in line and make sure that all emergencies are settled. This leads to a lot of funny situations and hilarity along the way.

I enjoyed that the audiobook was a person story of Jen Glantz and her life as well as the story of her unique business. Having been through my own wedding as well as the bridesmaid in several weddings, I could definite relate to the wedding woes. Also getting married at 25 was a big deal in a family where my mother and grandmother were married at 18. I felt like I was very old . . . although these days, I realize that 25 is not that old to get married! Poor Jen isn’t old, but after being the only single lady at one wedding, she is starting to feel that way.

Overall, I found this audiobook to be laugh out loud funny and very relatable. I would love to listen or read any of Jen Glantz’s future work, I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for her.

1 comment:

  1. Laura, this sounds like a fun book! I, too, got married at 25. 25 is really quite young. Terrific, concise review, Laura! I'm glad you enjoyed listening to this audio book. (I am finally listening to one as well, on my short commutes to work and back.) I hope you had a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete