Sunday, February 2, 2020

Yuletide: A Jane Austen Inspired Collection of Stories Edited by Christina Boyd


Title:  A Jane Austen Inspired Collection of Stories
Author: Various; Edited by Christina Boyd
Read by:  Harry Frost
Publisher: The Quill Ink LLC
Length: Approximately 5 hours and 50 minutes
Source: Purchased from Amazon.com  Thank-you!

This is finally my last Christmas review of the season.  The holidays put me behind on reviews, but I was listening to this audiobook into the first week of January.  I love Christmas books and even more specifically, Christmas Regency novels are my favorite.  I was delighted to learn that there was a Jane Austen inspired collection of stories for the Christmas season. 

These stories focus solely on Pride and Prejudice and the associated characters.  I will admit to being a bit disappointed that no other Austen novels were involved.  Maybe this should have been titled Pride and Prejudice Inspired Collection of Stories?  That would have tempered my expectations. 

Despite that initial reaction I was vastly entertained by the stories.  They included variations such as Elizabeth and Darcy meeting during the Christmas season after their first initial meeting and learning to tolerate each other better.  They also included stories after Elizabeth and Darcy’s marriage and modern variations.  I really enjoyed one where Darcy sees a Facebook post showing his life with Elizabeth who he hasn’t met yet.  It’s a life that he would love in his lonely existence.  Once he meets Elizabeth for real, he is open to love and moving forward with her.

Harry Frost was a great narrator.  I loved his British accent.

Overall, Yuletide is a must have collection of stories for any Jane Austen fan.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed the collection! Thank you for your time to craft this lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you - I loved this collection!

    ReplyDelete