Saturday, November 20, 2021

Pride and Papercuts by Staci Hart


 Pride and Papercuts was one of the November Selections of the JASNA Northwoods Book Club.

 Pride and Papercuts is a modern-day reimagining of Pride and Prejudice.  Laney Bennet is the only sister in the Bennet family.  She doesn’t want to be a part of the family flower business and is instead marketing at a bookstore chain, wasted words.  When a new PR firm takes over, she instantly dislikes the man in charge, Liam Darcy.  Will the two be able to work together to create a new campaign for Wasted Words?

 I see this is part of a series, but I read it fine as a standalone.  We agreed as a book club that this was a fine retelling of Pride and Prejudice.  It changed enough of the original story to keep it fresh.  I got kind of confused by some of the side characters that weren’t in the story that much and keeping track of them. Maybe if I would have read the series, maybe the side characters would have meant more to me. I did like the story of Darcy’s sister Georgie and Laney’s story Jett.  I wanted a spin off book for them!

 Overall, Pride and Papercuts is an enjoyable modern day Pride and Prejudice.

 Book Source:  Purchased on Amazon.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment