Thursday, April 21, 2022

The Guilt Trip by Sandie Jones

 


The Guilt Trip by Sandie Jones is the April selection for the Rogue (aka FLICKS) Book Club.  I have been in the mood for a thriller, and was excited to pick this book up.

Rachel is traveling to Portugal with her husband Jack, and best friends Paige and Noah for a weekend wedding.  They are also bringing along the bride, Ali, who is marrying Jack’s brother Will.  Jack seems preoccupied and not pleased about the wedding even though he introduced the bride and groom.  Is there more going on behind the scenes than meets the eye?

This thriller opens up an entire can of worms of how the dynamics between these friends have worked through the years. This novel is for fans of domestic drama, and I would call it more of a domestic thriller of who is sleeping with who.  I figured out pretty quickly one aspect of the story, but I didn’t quite get the final answer.   I couldn’t put the book down as I tried to fit all of the pieces together.  Things went very south at the end of this novel and the ending is more action packed than the rest of the novel.

Rachel is the narrator of the story and it’s filled with her suspicions as she tries to piece everything together.  She annoyed me at times with her naiveté.  I wanted her to just leave and take a plane home.  I did like how the novel played with people’s preconceived notions about people.

The setting at the seaside villa in Portugal was beautiful.  I’m ready to go there for vacation now…although I am not going surfing (too soon?).

Overall,  The Guilt Trip is an entertaining domestic thriller.

Book Source:  The Kewaunee Public Library.  Thank-you.

1 comment:

  1. I don't love domestic thrillers, but I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much. :)

    ReplyDelete