Thursday, September 29, 2022

Girl, Forgotten by Karin Slaughter

 


 

Title:  Girl, Forgotten (Pieces of Her #2)

Author:  Karin Slaughter

Narrated by:  Kathleen Early

Publisher: Dreamscape Media

Length:  15 hours and 45 Minutes

Source: Blackstone Publishing  & Netgalley.  Thank-you!

 What author do you turn to when you are looking for a great suspense or thriller novel?  Over the past few years, Karin Slaughter has been just such an author for me.  I am always carried away by her books and I can’t stop reading them.

 If you enjoyed Pieces of Her, you will be excited by Girl, Forgotten.  This time Andrea is the main character.  She is now a U.S. Marshall.  She is working at Longhill Beach on her first assignment to protect a judge that has been receiving death threats.  The judge’s daughter, Emily, was murdered in 1982, and this murder has never been solved.   Who fathered Emily’s child?  Who murdered Emily?  What does any of this have to do with the current death threats?

 I loved this audiobook and I couldn’t stop listening to it.  The story was very engaging – especially Emily’s story.  The book alternated chapters been 1982 and present day.  There is a scary cult in the modern times story that kept me enjoyed.  I really wanted to know how it would all end.   I didn’t put all of the pieces together until just before it was solved on the page.  I was still surprised by many elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment