Thursday, June 22, 2023

Kismet by Becky Chalsen

 


Are you a twin or do you wish you had a twin?  I’ve always enjoyed reading stories with twins in them starting with Sweet Valley Twins as a kid.

Amy and Jo are twins that are both turning 30 this summer.  Jo has decided to have her wedding over fourth of July weekend on Fire Island, which is also the twins’ thirtieth birthday weekend.  Amy arrives trying to put the best face on everything, but she and her husband, Ben, have been having marital problems.  When her old college boyfriend from freshman year shows up as the best man, Amy is torn. Should she go after her old love or try to repair things with her husband?  Will Jo’s wedding be able to go off without a hitch with all of the personalities at play?

Kismet is a perfect sun-soaked beach read with plenty of family drama.  I’ll admit I did get annoyed by Amy as her angst against Ben dragged on, but luckily the story unfolded for me to learn about the entirety of Amy and Ben’s relationship.  I enjoyed the slight mystery of finding out what the problem was.  The entire wedding party learns about how it is better to be open with each other and to believe in the power of love.  I really liked how this story wrapped up and concluded.  I thought it was very heart warming.

I also loved the setting of Fire Island.  It sounds beautiful and I had to look it up after I finished the book last month.  It sounds like I need to check this out next time I find myself in New York.

Book Source:  Book Source: Review Copy from Penguin Random House and Netgalley.   Thank-you! Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment