Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Ghosted by Rosie Walsh



Sarah is home in England visiting her parents after the destruction of her marriage when she meets Eddie and they have an instant connection.  After spending a fabulous week together, Eddie goes on a trip and never returns.  Sarah is sure that something sinister has happened to Eddie, but her friends are sure that she has been “ghosted” and Eddie has moved on.  What has happened to Eddie?

I’ll admit I had a REALLY hard time reading this novel.  I did finish it, but it really dragged for me at the start and was hard to get into.  The action picked up at the end, but the author tried to build suspense . . . and I saw through it and knew was going to happen.  The book was mostly narrated by Sarah, but Eddie narrates parts as well.  Some chapters were letters from Sarah to Eddie.  I was satisfied by how the book ended and it did get better as it went along.

This book is the November pick for both my Rogue (FLICKS Book and Movie Club) and Kewaunee Library book clubs.  Rogue didn’t seem enthralled with the book, but the Kewaunee Library book club had a good discussion of the book and it had a more positive impact.  I really enjoyed the questions the librarians came up with today as well as the excellent cake.

Favorite Quotes:
“She had this laugh, like a little bird at first, only then it would broaden to something so unladylike.  She saw the joy in life, wherever she went.”

“I don’t believe that love is meant to be like an explosion.  It is not meant to be dramatic, or ravenous, or any of the silly words ascribed it by writers and musicians.  But I do believe that when you know, you know.”

Overall, Ghosted is an interesting look into forgiveness and hate, and into the modern phenomenon of being “ghosted.”

1 comment:

  1. I get irritated at times at the time I've spent reading holing that the story is going to get eventually better!

    ReplyDelete