Monday, February 25, 2019

The Sisters Hemingway by Annie England Noblin (TLC Book Tour)


Three sisters have returned to their small hometown of Cold River Missouri for the funeral of their Great-Aunt Bea.  Aunt Bea raised them after the tragic death of their mother and sister.  As soon as they were able, Hadley, Pfeiffer, and Martha left their small town never to return.  They’ve all had a mixture of success and heartache since their departure.  They discover on their return that Aunt Bea had family secrets of her own.  Why did she never speak again after she turned seventeen?  Why is she so persistent that the farm stays within the family?

The Sisters Hemingway was a real page turner for me.  I read this book in a matter of a day.  I really liked all three sisters and wanted to learn more about them, but I especially wanted to learn about Aunt Bea’s secret.  Hadley is the wife of a senator and seems to lead the perfect life.  But is it perfect and why is she still attracted to her old boyfriend Brody?  Pfeiffer was a successful editor in New York City until she made mistake that cost her job.  Her life was her job and she is not sure where to go from here.  Martha became a country music star, but after her messy divorce and a stint in rehab, she is also not sure where to start again.

I liked the interaction between the sisters and how their relationship bloomed when they were together again.  I admit I was puzzled by the girls’ names with the mix of new and traditional and really enjoyed when it was revealed that the four sisters were named after Hemingway’s four wives. 

I was wrapped up in reading this novel as I wanted to know how the mystery would end, but I must admit that I did guess the ending.  It was still an enjoyable mystery even if it didn’t surprise me.
 
Overall, The Sisters Hemingway is a real page turner with a great family mystery as well as a family drama as three sisters find their way back to each other and the importance of family.

Book Source:  Review Copy from William Morrow Books.  Thank-you!

For more stops on this TLC Tour, check out this link


Purchase Links: HarperCollins | Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Author Links: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram

2 comments:

  1. I added this one to my summer reading list, I'm really excited to read this one. Thanks for being on the tour!

    Sara @ TLC Book Tours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of this one. Excellent review, Laura. It sounds like an intriguing mystery and story.

    ReplyDelete