Thursday, September 23, 2021

No One Will Miss Her by Kat Rosenfield

 


Title:  No One Will Miss Her

Author: Kat Rosenfield

Narrated by:  Cassandra Campbell, Sophie Amoss, and Chris Andrew Ciulla

Publisher: HarperAudio

Length: Approximately 9 hours and 40 minutes

Source: Review Copy from Netgalley and HarperAudio.  Thank-you! 

If you disappeared would anyone notice that you were gone?

No One Will Miss Her is the kind of book (or audiobook) that you just cannot put down.  In Copper Falls, Maine, a junkyard is part of a large fire.  A local cop is evacuating and warning nearby homes when he comes upon a gruesome scene.  A local woman, Lizzie Oullette, has been brutally murdered.  Why was she murdered and why is her husband Dwayne now missing?

This book was quite the ride.  It’s told between primarily by Detective Ian Bird investigating the crime, Lizzie Oullette describing her life and what happened leading up to the event, and Adrienne Richards, a rich woman who has rented the lakeside cabin in the past from Lizzie.  The book kept me guessing, but I’ll admit that I did guess a big twist.  It was actually something I thought, wouldn’t it be great if this happened, but I didn’t think it could.  Then it did and I was excited to see how it would all turn out.  This happened about halfway through, and I was still intrigued with the story and couldn’t wait to see how it would end.  It was a great unique story.

The book really takes a look at what is identity in this day and age and why would no one miss Lizzie.  It looks making assumptions about people due to economics and also slut shaming.  It was interesting to think about.  Lizzie had such a sad life; it was hard to listen to at times.  I’m not going to go too much further into the plot as I loved being surprised by the story myself.

There is a graphic animal death in the book that upset me, and there are a few brutal moments in the book that have you cringe. 

The narrators were great, and all gave a unique voice to the three different viewpoints in the novel.

This book comes out October 12th and is the perfect thriller to add to your fall reads! 

 

1 comment:

  1. Laura, it sounds like you enjoyed this intense thriller. It would be hard for me to listen to at times, too. Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete