Monday, January 3, 2022

Local Woman Missing by Mary Kubica

 

What is your first read of 2022?

My kids had Barnes and Nobles gift cards from Christmas burning a hole in their pockets, so we visited the store on New Year’s Eve.  I picked up a copy of Local Woman Missing by Mary Kubica and started reading the first chapter.  I was instantly gripped by the story and purchased a copy.  I read the entire book on New Year’s Day!  It’s the kind of thriller that you just can’t put down.

In a suburb eleven years ago, two unrelated women, Shelby Tebow and Meredith Dickey, and a Meredith’s young daughter, Delilah, go missing.  The case grows cold until eleven years later when Delilah reappears.  Where was Delilah at and why did she go missing?

I don’t want to ruin the surprise of this thriller, but I enjoyed the suspense.  It had three primary narrators: Meredith eleven years in the past, Meredith’s son Leo in the present, and Kate a neighbor and friend in the past and present.  Delilah also narrates her escape in the start of the novel.  I did not guess the ending as it went in a totally different direction than I thought, but it all added up at the end.  This novel is told in the first person.

Overall, Local Woman Missing is a fast-paced novel that I couldn’t put down.

Source: Purchased from Barnes and Nobles

1 comment:

  1. I love when a book is so good I end up reading it all in one day. :)

    ReplyDelete