Wednesday, March 15, 2023

A Death in Door County by Annelise Ryan

 

Do you have any locally set books that you like to read or shows you like to watch?  Have you ever visited Door County, Wisconsin?

Morgan Carter owns a unique shop called Odds and Ends in Door County Wisconsin.  The shop has mystery books and other strange supernatural items for sale.  Carter is also a cryptozoologist.  She has degrees in zoology and biology and is basically a mythical monster hunter.  She is enlisted by the Washington Island police chief, Jon Flanders, for help.  Two people have recently mysteriously drowned.  Even more mysterious, they were found with giant bite marks on them.  What caused these bite marks?  Will Morgan be able to solve the crime before becoming the next victim?

A Death in Door County is the first book in a new planned Monster Hunter Mystery series.  This is a fun cozy mystery novel.  I loved the setting.  I live in the county south of Door County, Wisconsin.  It was fun to read about the local setting.  The characters were fun as well.  I loved learning more of their backstories throughout the novel. I think my favorite character was Newt the rescue dog.  I loved how he and Morgan went on their swims in the bay. The story kept moving for me and was interesting.  The action picked up at the end of the novel.   I will admit that it reminded me of a Scooby Do mystery at the end.  If you are looking for a cozy mystery where justice is served, this is the novel for you.

A Death in Door County by Annelise Ryan was the March Selection for the Rogue (AKA Flicks Book Club).   It was interesting to discuss.

Purchased at The Peninsula Bookman – a wonderful bookstore in Door County, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment