Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


Title:  Pride and Prejudice

Author:  Jane Austen

Narrated by:  Rosalyn Landor 

Publisher: Dreamscape Media

Length: Approximately 12 hours and 36 minutes 

Source: Checked out with Hoopla through the Kewaunee Public Library.  Thank-you!

“What do you find most interesting in Jane Austen?” is the prompt today for #JaneAwesome Wednesday hosted by @nonesense.and.sensibility.    I think her books are soothing.  Just as World War I soldiers read her books during times of trouble, I recently listened to a new to me audiobook version as I have having a hard time settling on any one book after the recent deaths of my Grandma and friend/former teacher Mrs. Smith.  I loved the book all over again while listening to it.  It is masterfully written and was also written to be read aloud to entertain.  This time through I thought that the first proposal scene is probably one of the best written scenes in literature.  It is perfect.  I also felt worse for Lydia this time around.  Now that I have teenagers, I keep thinking – she’s only 15!  I am glad that they did let her visit the family before she heads up north.  I have read this book so many times, but I love it each and every time through.  I tend to focus on different tidbits.  It is definitely a comfort read for me.

Rosalyn Landor is a great narrator and acted out the parts with different distinct voices.  It was very enjoyable to listen to.

“Are you collecting in order to connect with Jane?  What are you collecting?” was the prompt for last week.  I love everything Jane Austen.  My family and friends have started to notice and I’ve received these neat gifts through the years.  I collecting books about Jane, variations, and retellings, mysteries, etc..  


1 comment:

  1. This is a comfort read for me, too. Like you, every time I reread it I find something new about it to love. :D Jane Austen is the best.

    ReplyDelete