Monday, March 12, 2007

Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella

Laura Hivala introduced me to the Shopaholic series a couple of years ago. I love them! They are fluffy chic lit novels that are very funny (this book made me laugh out loud more than a few times). I started reading them when I was dead to the world with morning sickness when I was pregnant with Kile. They were very entertaining. Now I look forward to every new Sophie Kinsella book with pleasure. My only complaint is that I wish there were more of them!

This book is the fifth book in the Shopaholic series. I would recommend reading the first four novels before you get to this one. Becky Brandon is pregnant with her and Luke's "honeymoon" baby. And with a new baby on the way, it gives Becky plenty of new things to shop for. The great humor in her shopping is how she always finds a way to justify each purchase no matter what. Becky's source of angst in this novel is that she has a new OB doctor that also treats celebrities, but was also Luke's ex-girlfriend. Is her doctor making the moves on Luke now?

Becky may be a bit fluffy with all of her shopping, but she has learned to use her shopping smarts to her advantage. Her job is as a personal shopper in high end stores and she is able to save the day at her new job by knowing just how to make people flock to the store.

The other thing I love about these novels is the greatly developed secondary character's like Becky's parents and her best friend Suze.

If you are looking for a funny, light read, I highly recommend the Shopaholic series. This book was better than the last I thought and was very entertaining and a fast read (I read it on the car ride to Minnesota last Friday).

No comments:

Post a Comment