Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Carols and Chaos by Cindy Anstey


Carols and Chaos is a perfect book for the fans of the “downstairs” antics on Downton Abbey.  Set during the Regency period in England, Carols and Chaos is the story of lady’s maid Kate Darby and valet Matt Harlow.  Kate belongs to the household at Shackleford Park, but Matt is there acting as a valet to two brothers who are guests.  Kate and Matt have a lot in common and sparks fly between them.  They soon find themselves entwined in a mystery when Matt’s friend, footman Johnny goes missing.  Where has Johnny gone and is foul play involved?

I didn’t know until the end that this book is a follow-up to Suitors and Sabotage.  It worked as a stand alone novel.  I need to read this other book as well.  I really loved the scenes in Carols and Chaos of Matt and Kate together.  I also enjoyed the mystery.  It was interesting seeing Kate’s small-town life in the village nearby.  I do wish there would have been more of Kate and Matt actually working at the estate and enjoying more of the Christmas festivities.

Overall, Carols and Chaos was a fun book for the holidays.


Book Source:  Purchased from Amazon.com
 


1 comment:

  1. I would love to get my hands on this one or the earlier one. Up my street definitely.

    ReplyDelete