Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Wrapped Up in You by Jill Shalvis


Ivy Snow has a successful food truck business in San Francisco.  She has spent her lifetime constantly on the move around the country.  She is happy to finally be making friends and saving money for a stable place of her own.  When she meets Kel O’Donnell, an Idaho sheriff visiting his cousin, she immediately has her guard up, but their two hurt souls yearn for each other.  When Ivy’s past catches up with her, will the two be able to move on from their former hurts and have a happy ending?

I really loved the characters in Wrapped Up in You.  Shalvis writes wonderful three-dimensional realistic characters with all of their faults and virtues.  The romance was also very sensual, yet not too graphic.  I loved it.  I am not a fan of “swords and sheaths” type of romance that goes into too much detail.  There is just enough detail to be sexy, without losing the mystery of romance.

Overall, Wrapped up in You was what my Great Grandma would fondly call a good story with great characters and romance.  I think I’ve found a new favorite romance author.

Book Source:  Review Copy from William Morrow.  Thank-you!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to find a romance novel which is not too graphic nor overly sweet. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when I wasn't really reading I would still read Jill Shalvis!

    ReplyDelete