Thursday, August 27, 2020

Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer


Midnight Sun is Twilight told from Edward’s point of view.  This book is exactly as advertised, the exact same story from Edward’s first-person point of view.  I read all of the Twilight novels when they were first out and loved them for entertaining escapism reading.  I was looking forward to reading another book in the saga.

I found it slow reading.  It was interesting at times, but as you knew everything that would happen, it was not very exciting.  I’ll admit, I made it about 350 pages in and then realized I really didn’t care to read the rest and wanted to move on to a different book, so I skimmed to the end and moved on.  I was hoping for more differences in the story, especially more background on Edward’s life before Bella.  It did give insight on what intrigued Edward about Bella. I loved when Bella talked about her favorite books as they pretty much match what I like to read.

Favorite Quote:
“Mostly I dream about being with you forever.”

Overall, Midnight Sun was as advertised, a retelling of Twilight from Edward's point of view.  I didn’t find it to be that exciting of a book.

Book Source:  Kewaunee Public Library – Thank-you!

3 comments:

  1. Laura, thanks for your honest review. I hadn't even heard of this book before. I'm glad you are able to take out library books. Our local public library has worked out a system, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only made it through the first Twilight book, so I probably won't be reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely wouldn't recommend it then. It's just Twilight from Edward's Point of view.

      Delete