Sunday, August 29, 2021

Legacy by Nora Roberts

 

What is your favorite book set in a small town?

Adrian Rizzo was seven when she met her father for the first time, and he nearly killed her and her mother.  Her mother has an exercise video empire, and Adrian sets up her own exercise online video empire when she hits her teen years.  Her safe place has always been her grandparent’s house.  When her grandpa leaves her his home, she decides to move to her favorite small town, Traveler's Creek.  While there she rekindles her childhood infatuation with a good-looking friend Raylan.  Adrian has been receiving threatening letters from a mysterious person for years, but they start to escalate.  Who is stalking her and why?

I love Nora Roberts and this novel started off with a bang.  I was reading quickly at first, but the story really seemed to drag in the middle. It was filled with making fitness videos and running errands. It seemed to go abruptly from scene to scene.  I enjoyed the characters, but they weren’t as well developed as I am used to in a Roberts novel.  Adrian herself I just didn’t connect with, which is troublesome when she is the main character.  I also wasn’t feeling the romance as I usually do in her novels.  I usually really love second chance romance and friends to lovers.  The suspense seemed to come rather abruptly to the front of the story at the end of the book.  Legacy felt like a mediocre Roberts novel, it was definitely not one of my favorites.  It pains me to say this.

Favorite Quotes:

“The first time Adrian Rizzo met her father, he tried to kill her.”

“If her childhood had taught her anything, it was to make time for her passion, her responsibilities.  And for the ones she loved.”

Overall, Legacy was an okay romantic suspense novel.

Book Source.  Review Copy from Netgalley and St. Martin’s Press.  Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment