Friday, August 6, 2021

When I Found You by Brenda Novak


Natasha Gray has experienced a tragedy that has crushed her career dreams and her marriage.  She moves to the town of Silver Springs with her young son after she accepts a new job with the goal of rebuilding her life.  Her not quite stepbrother Mack helps her out.  As they struggle with their feelings for each other, will she be able to turn her life around?

When I Found You is one of my favorite kind of stories with the heroine needing to turn her life around after things have come crashing down. There are more than a few hurdles for Natasha that she has to overcome to be able to make it.  I greatly enjoyed it.  The romance was also very spicy in this one.

This book is part of the Silver Springs series but can be read as a stand alone novel.  I have not read all of the books in this series myself.

I read When I Found You as part of the Brenda Novak Book Group.  I love the monthly virtual book group meetings, but they always conflict with my Plan Commission meetings.  I listen to them afterwards and still enjoy them.  The microphone was placed a bit far away on this book group meeting, so I had a hard time hearing the July meeting.

Overall, When I Found You was a good second chance romance novel that is perfect for a summer getaway.

Book Source:  Purchased from Amazon.com

2 comments:

  1. I've recently read a couple of books like this where a change of place has helped women get their act together and their life on a more steadfast path. Maybe a change actually helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking it might - a nice fresh start on life.

      Delete