Friday, October 15, 2021

A Lot Like Adios by Alexis Daria


 Happy Hispanic Heritage Month!  It’s the last day, but I’ve made it with my review.  Do you have any favorite books by Hispanic authors?

 Fifteen years ago, Gabriel Aguilar left the Bronx, his family, and his best friend Michelle Amato.  Together they used to write fan fiction for a beloved sci fi show.  Gabriel always had a crush on Michelle, but their feelings don’t come out until he is leaving.  Michelle tries to contact him after he leaves, but it seems that Gabriel has disappeared forever.  Until one day Michelle, now a freelance business graphic designer, is contacted by Gabriel’s partner to help with a brand redesign.  Gabriel now is part owner of a celebrity gym.  The two meet to go over the design and work together and sparks fly.  Will they be able to move on from the past?

 This novel has two of my favorite romance tropes – friends to lovers and second chance romance.  This is a very steamy romance.  I also really enjoyed their sci fi fan fiction that was interspersed between chapters.  I enjoyed that the two sexy main characters had a nerdy side to themselves.   I loved the banter between the two main characters, and the humor.  I had several points where I laughed out loud.  I also really loved how Gabriel had the chance to meet his family and work through the issues.  I like that he got to see that his parents are people and had grown over time as well. 

 I have not read You Had Me at Hola, but it’s high up on my list now!

 Overall, A Lot Like Adios is a spicy, fun romance.  I highly recommend it.

 Book Source:  Review Copy from Netgalley and Avon.  Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment