Wednesday, October 27, 2021

The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling

 

Do you like to read holiday themed novels?  I do.  With Halloween fast approaching, I really enjoyed reading The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling.

 Nine Years previous, Vivi Jones went through a sad break up with her boyfriend Rhys Penhallow when she found out he had a “betrothed” back in England. Vivi and her cousin get drunk to commiserate and put a curse on Rhys.  They don’t believe it’s a real curse at all, although they know they shouldn’t mess with their powers in that way. 

 When Rhys returns to town as a descendent of the original founder to participate in the fall festival, Vivi is struck by him anew.  She also realizes her drunken curse may have been a real curse after all when things start to go awry all over town.  Can Vivi and Rhys work together to save the town and will they be able to deny their chemistry?

 This book was truly delightful.  I loved the characters and the unique storyline. The witches, their town, spells, and history were interesting and perfect for the season.  I also loved the humor in the book.  My favorite was when the cat started to talk and mostly just said, “treats” all of the time.  That would be my cat if he could talk.  The chemistry between Vivi and Rhys leapt off the page.  I love second chance romance and enemies to lovers, and this was both tropes.  The characters both had flaws and had to figure out how to move forward.  I liked that.  This is a steamy romance.

 Overall, The Ex Hex is a fun read for Halloween or anytime.  I highly recommend it.

 Source:  Review Copy from Netgalley and Avon

No comments:

Post a Comment