Monday, June 20, 2022

Remember Whose Little Girl You Are by Ellen Nichols (TLC Book Tour)

 


I have been on vacation the past week and a half, and I have gotten very behind on book reviews, and I missed my Book Tour date for this novel.  I’m working on catching up again with everything!

Remember Whose Little Girl You Are is a short memoir by the author Ellen Nichols.  Nichols was the second of four daughters of a southern Methodist pastor.  As she would leave her house, her mother would tell her “remember whose little girl you are” to make her think about her behavior and how it would reflect back on her parents.  Nichols still manages to get into hijinks as she grows up in the 50’s and 60’s and also has many loves.  This is told through vignettes through Nichol’s life starting when she was young through her teenage years.

I enjoyed the short stories.  Nichols was a spirited girl and young woman, and she grew up in the deep south during the Civil Rights Movement.  She had opinions on the movement and found herself in trouble because of them.  Nichols moved a lot as the daughter of a pastor and found herself starting over constantly in a new place.  I thought it was a very interesting read and I liked the humor.

Overall, Remember Whose Little Girl you are by Ellen Nichols is an interesting and fun memoir.

Book Source:  Review Copy from Koehler Books as part of the TLC Book Tour.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the author had a very interesting youth! I wonder sometimes if I'd grown up during that time whether I would have felt strongly about the Civil Rights Movement in similar ways that I feel now. I appreciate everyone who took a stand back then.

    ReplyDelete