Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Take Your Breath Away by Linwood Barclay

 


What is the last book you read that you couldn’t put down?

I read Take Your Breath Away by Linwood Barclay over Memorial Day weekend.  I couldn’t put this book down!

Six years ago, Andrew Mason was on a fishing trip over the weekend and his wife Brie disappeared.  As the husband, he is the prime suspect, but the police are never able to pin the crime on him.  Andrew changes his last name and attempts to start his life over.  Then a woman that appears to be Brie shows up with groceries at the site of their former home.  As sightings of the woman appear around town, Andrew wonders, has Brie returned?  Where has she been for six years?  How is he going to break the news to his current girlfriend?

Take Your Breath away is a fast-paced thriller and I greatly enjoyed the story and the characters.  I did not guess the ending of this one, there were many plausible well developed red herrings.  The book was well written building layer upon layer of the story in a fascinating way.  I loved the visual descriptions such as Brie leaving flour on the floor to look for mice but waking up to find a man shaped footprint in it right before the first scene goes black.  I really wanted to know what happened to Brie and I did get a resolution.

Overall, Take Your Breath Away is a riveting thriller.  I highly recommend it!

Book Source:  Review Copy from William Morrow Books.  Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment