Friday, June 10, 2022

To Marry and to Meddle by Martha Waters


 Title:  To Marry and to Meddle

Author:  Martha Waters

Narrated by:  Anais Inara Chase

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio

Length: Approximately 9 hours and 35 minutes

Source: Review Copy from Simon & Schuster.  Thank-you!

 To Marry and to Meddle was the perfect book for me in April. Life was feeling stressful and I was looking for a fun escapism read.  To Marry and to Meddle fit the bill and was a very enjoyable romantic comedy audiobook.

 Lady Emily Turner has been a debutante for six seasons.  While she is a beautiful and respectable lady, her father’s debts had ensured that her only suitor is a man to who he owes debts.  Lord Julian Belfry has scandalized society and his own family by owning his own theatre, the Belfry, and acting in it.  He decides he will repair his reputation by asking Lady Emily to marry him.  Lady Emily decides this will help her and her family so she accepts.  Will a marriage of convenience turn out to be a marriage full of love for them both?

 I really enjoyed this light hearted audiobook. I have read the first book in the Regency Vows series, but I do need to go back and read the second book.  I love the friendships between the ladies and I loved Emily and Julian’s romance.  I especially thought it was funny that Emily finds a kitten and it seems to always interrupt the two at inopportune times.  I love how they move from friends to lovers.  I also love they found strength with each other to help them through troubled relationships with their birth families.  The humor was very fun.

 Overall, To Marry and to Meddle was a fun Regency Romance with heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment