Sunday, August 14, 2022

Miss Julia’s Marvelous Makeover by Ann B. Ross

 


What is your cozy place to read?  I like to read in my reading nook at home, on a sofa with a big window and my cats nearby.

Miss Julia’s Marvelous Makeover was the August pick for the Page-turners’ Book Club at the Kewaunee Public Library.  It is the fifteenth book in the Miss Julia series and it’s the first book I’ve read.  Miss Julia is a middle-aged woman who lives in a small town in the South.  Her world is shaken up when her husband decides to run for office and her cousin sends her granddaughter, Trixie, to stay with Miss Julia for the summer without asking.  She is hoping that Julia can help make Trixie over.  Will Miss Julia be able to help Trixie?

Miss Julia’s Marvelous Makeover is a cozy read.  It’s life in a small town.  Not much really happens.  It’s a very readable book, but it was a slower read for me as it didn’t really hook me.  I think if I would have read the entire series, I would have cared more about all of the characters, but it was fine as a standalone.

Book Source:  The Kewaunee Public Library.  Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment