Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Sharing Too Much by Richard Paul Evans

 

Title:  Sharing Too Much

Author:  Richard Paul Evans

Narrated by:  Richard Paul Evans

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Length: Approximately 4 hours and 34 minutes

Source: Purchased from Amazon.com

 

Do you like to read memoirs?  What type of memoirs do you like to read?  Movie stars, pop singers, everyday people, etc.?  I enjoy them all.

Richard Paul Evans is a must-read author for me.  I LOVE his Christmas books and enjoy reading one of his books every year for Christmas.  I especially love them on audiobook.  Sharing Too Much is Richard Paul Evans memoir and thoughts on life.  My thoughts about this audiobook:

·       The memoir contained personal snippets about his life, growing up, life right now, living with Tourette’s Syndrome, and what is important in life.

·       I really liked his message that the problem with youth is that you are blinded by bling rather than what is important In life.  It’s more important to be kind than to be clever or rich.

·       I loved the story about his wife’s new dog, a cockapoo.  She named him Beau for Beau Brummel.  I felt like I could be friends with this wife.

·       This audiobook also had me crying when he told the story of his childhood dog Gertie’s death.  He called her from across the road and didn’t see the car coming until it hit her right in front of him.  He held her while she died.  Then his mother made him go to school and told him to bury Gertie when he returned home.  I told this story to my daughter, and she burst into tears too.

·       He talked about how dogs have unconditional love for you.  As an animal lover myself, I felt this.

·       He also described moments/experiences where a premonition or feeling helped him himself or to make a difference in another’s life.

·       There were also discussions of spirituality and having a relationship with God.  He had an interesting discussion about visions and end of life experiences.

·       I really loved learning thoughts about Christmas from my favorite Christmas author.

·       Inspirational fictional stories were sprinkled throughout.

·       Best of all, Richard Paul Evans himself read his own memoir.  I love when the author reads their own memoir.  It feels like a very personal story.

Overall, Sharing Too Much was a wonderful, interesting, and inspiring memoir.  I was left wanting more!

No comments:

Post a Comment