Sunday, May 26, 2024

The Light We Carry by Michelle Obama

 


Title:  The Light We Carry:  Overcoming in Uncertain Times

Author:  Michelle Obama

Narrated by:  Michelle Obama

Publisher: Random House Audio

Length: Approximately 9 hours and 59 minutes

Source: Checked out with Libby through the Kewaunee Public Library.  Physical copy was a Christmas gift.  Thank-you!

 

What have been some good inspirational books that you have read lately?

I really enjoyed listening to the audiobook of The Light We Carry:  Overcoming in Uncertain Times by Michelle Obama in February.  I love first ladies and hearing their personal stories.  My thoughts on this book:

·       This book had Michelle Obama’s thoughts on the state of the world coming out of the COVID lockdown and how to stay connected.  I thought this was all good and thoughtful information.

·       I enjoyed the personal vignettes on her life throughout the book.  I also enjoyed her theme of aiming high while moving forward with life.

·       I liked the discussion on how difficult it is to make new friends when you live in the White House.

·       I loved hearing more of the love story between Barack and Michelle Obama.  I especially like that Barack had a list for why they should date when he was trying to convince Michelle.  He sounded like an engineer.

·       This book was a great mix of advice, self-help, and real life experiences.

·       I read this reading this book in the physical copy as well as listening to Michelle Obama narrate the audiobook.  I love it when authors narrate their own books.

Overall, The Light We Carry was both an inspiring book and a book to learn more about the former first lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment