Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Stardust

Stardust is basically a fairy tale for adults. It is a fantasy tale about a young man named Tristian, who upon seeing a falling star, promises it to his love Victoria. He journeys out of England to a magical kingdom called Stormhold to find it. Upon finding the star, he discovers that it is a actually a beautiful young woman named Yvaine (Claire Danes). He starts off trying to get Yvaine back to England, but begins to be her protector when it is discovered that not only is an evil witch (Michelle Pfeiffer) after her, but also an evil prince. Robert De Niro also shows up as Captain Shakespeare, a captain with a fiercesome reputation, but a soft side.

I don't know, I had mixed feelings about this movie. It was entertaining, but not the best movie I've ever seen. I didn't find Captain Shakespeare as funny as I think he was supposed to be. I also didn't like Tristan as much as I know I should have and I thought Claire Danes was too old for her part.

It is purely a fantasty tale for adults too. There is implied sexand a lot of rough violence that would not be good for kids.

Am I judging this movie too harshly? Did others like it better?

No comments:

Post a Comment