Monday, March 23, 2009

Midnight Bayou by Nora Roberts

Midnight Bayou was a light romantic read involving a haunted southern mansion. I am a giant fan of ghost stories and of southern mansions so this was perfect for me. This book gave me a vibe of Roberts "In the Garden" series - a series that I really loved. I read this book to be prepared for the Lifetime movie of it that is premiering this weekend.

Declan Fitzgerald has given up his fiancee and law career in Boston to pursue his dream to fix up the Manet Mansion in New Orleans. He finds himself mysteriously drawn to the mansion and discovers that there are ghosts and memories of a past tragedy still living there. He is drawn to Lena Simone, a local girl who has a past link to the house. Will he be able to win the love of Lena and also come to terms with the Manet mansion's past?

While I tired of the overuse of the word "Cher" and thought the ending was a bit too rushed, I thought this was an entertaining read overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment