Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Careless Whiskers by Miranda James


When I saw this book in Barnes & Nobles in March right before everything changed with COVID-19, I literally laughed out loud.  I loved, loved, loved the title.  I was happy to receive it for my birthday from my best friend Jenn.

Athena College is putting on the play Careless Whispers and is lucky to have star Luke Lombardi in it as the lead for one weekend.  Professor Charlie Harris is excited as his daughter Laura is also starring in the play and his son-in-law Frank is directing it.  Luke and Laura have a conflicted past as he is known to be a prima donna in whatever production he is in.  When strange accidents start to happen on set that ultimately lead up to a murder on opening night, who did it?  Charlie helps to investigate and solve the mystery.

Careless Whiskers is a “cozy mystery” and I found it to be a fun, but slow-moving novel.  It is part of a series, but it was okay to read on its own.  It was a perfect book to read during a stressful time like now, but I will admit I was slightly disappointed in the ending.  My favorite part of the book was Charlie’s Maine coon cat Diesel which goes with him everywhere like a dog.  I loved him and wish I had a cat like that!!

Overall, Careless Whiskers is a cozy mystery that is a good read for trying times.

Book Source:  Birthday Present from my Best Friend Jenn.  Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment