Monday, May 11, 2020

Look Alive Twenty-Five by Janet Evanovich


Title:  Look Alive Twenty-Five
Author: Janet Evanovich
Read by:  Lorelei King
Publisher: Penguin Random House Audio
Length: Approximately 6 hours and 52 minutes
Source: Overdrive through the Kewaunee Public Library.  Thank-you!

Look Alive Twenty-Five is another fun book in the Stephanie Plum Series.  I find this series great for a light entertaining audiobook.  Lorelei King is my favorite audiobook narrator and she brings this series to an entirely new level.   She has a different unique voice for each character and just makes the entire audiobook a hoot to listen to.

In Look Alive Twenty-Five, Stephanie and Lula work in the Red Rover Deli in Trenton.  Over the past few weeks, the managers have disappeared leaving only one shoe by the dumpster.  Who is responsible for their disappearances?

I enjoyed that the mystery was new and the story was different with the ladies working in a deli for this one.  There were some very funny scenes and dialogue in the deli.  I especially love how Lula is always sure that the mysteries are caused by the supernatural.

  I was still annoyed by the love triangle of Stephanie, Morelli, and Ranger.  Especially as Stephanie seems to mostly be with Morelli, but also seems to have continuous one-night stands with Ranger.  Just pick one!

Overall, Love Alive Twenty-Five is a funny novel that is a perfect audiobook for these trying times.

3 comments:

  1. We need the light hearted reads very much now. I am reading one (which is a classic vintage read) but surprisingly very light hearted too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that Stephanie still hasn't picked one is why I stopped reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marg - the one thing that has saved me is listening to the audio rather than reading them. I REALLY want her to pick one and move on.

    I love light hearted books right now.

    ReplyDelete