Monday, March 22, 2021

Is This Anything? By Jerry Seinfeld


 

Title:  Is This Anything?

Author: Jerry Seinfeld

Read by:  Jerry Seinfeld

Publisher: Simon & Shuster Audio

Length: Approximately 6 hours and 19 minutes (5 CDs)

Source: Christmas Gift from my Best Friend Jenn – Thank-you!

Do you have a favorite comedian or comedy audiobook?  I love listening to comedy, although I am a more old-fashioned comedy listener.  I really don’t like comedy that just tries to get laughs by swearing or talking dirty.  It seems like cheap laughs to me.  I like the type of humor that finds hilarity in everyday living.  Jerry Seinfeld’s humor is the epitome of this.

I had a fun time listening to the audiobook of Is This Anything?  by Jerry Seinfeld while on the road for work.  The title comes from a question that a comedian will ask another comedian on whether a new bit works.  In this audiobook, Seinfeld gives background of the various chapters of his life as he started at a comedian in 1975 and rose up through standup comedy to success.  After his explanations, he then goes through the different jokes from that era.  It’s interesting to see how his jokes changed over time.  It was a fun, lighthearted audiobook to listen to and made me laugh. 

I really enjoyed that Jerry Seinfeld narrated this audiobook and told the jokes himself.  It made it an especially fun book. 

Overall, Is This Anything? is a great audiobook that showcases Seinfeld’s best jokes over his entire career.

2 comments:

  1. With Seinfeld narrating, this is one book I think I'd have to listen to the audio version rather than read on my own! He's just so funny. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! It worked so well with him doing his own jokes. It's definitely I think one to pick the audiobook versus the physical book.

      Delete